Monday, January 31, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

There's about to be a big winter storm here so naturally chaos ensues. BUT its a boom for the local grocery stores! Raph had a play date yesterday so I put off my Sunday grocery trip until after dinner. I don't think I've ever seen grocery store shelves so barren. There was literally no bread. How freaky is that? The egg cases were just filled with some overturned crates and cartons with broken eggs. Ok, so its going to be an icy, snowy week but its not Armageddon!

Aww look at cute little 2 yr old Raph

Anyway, I have my week planned out but this all assumes we have power. I'm getting nervous that the power will go out for days on end. I've been having flashbacks of when I was pregnant with Colin and the icy storm knocked out the power at our house for 3 days. I was sitting awake in my bed listening to the crack and pop of limbs breaking and transformers exploding. Then I hear this huge explosion and my whole bedroom lit up. The transformer outside the front of our house exploded shooting sparks everywhere and the power went out. The next day I called daycare to see if they had power and they were up and running. I took Raph to school and I went into my office. Hey, they have heat so I might as well work right? I walked into my office and the carpet splashed. Seems there was a crack in the foundation somewhere and it flooded my basement level office. AWESOME!





He was digging out our Halloween pumpkins. They had stayin' power that year!

On with the meals:

Sunday: Chicken parm with pasta and salad

Monday: Hungarian Pork cutlets with mashed potatoes and salad

Tuesday: Meat on a stick. Per Colin's request we are having maple glazed sausage and apple kabobs

Wednesday: Sausage, Tomato and Arugula Pasta

Thursday: BLT salad

Friday: Out

Saturday: Out

All this cold weather is making me want to bake. I think I'm officially a gluten free baker. The last few recipes I've looked up required nary a trip to the grocery store. I have all the basics for any gluten free, vegan recipe in my pantry. The little bags of various flours is getting unwieldy. I think I need to invest in some stacking canisters and a label maker...

This was during his must-have-a-cup-in-my-hands-at-all-times phase that lasted approximately 2.5 years. Didn't slow down his limb hackin'!

1 comment:

The Happy Mother said...

Because your blog has been so inspirational, you have been given a Stylish Blogger Award! Stop over at my blog to find out all the details!
Warmly,
Kristina
The Happy Mother