Thursday, February 24, 2011

Its a major award!

I won an award!!! Kristina at The Happy Mother gave me a Stylish Blogger Award.



The rules of this award:

~Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
~Share seven things about yourself
~Award some other great bloggers
~Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

My seven things:

1. I grew up in the country on a farm. The *city* population of the *city* I lived OUTSIDE of was a whopping 5,610. I was so cuuuuuuuntry that my California cousins needed a translator when I was little because they couldn't understand my thick southern drawl. I have since lost that drawl and if I moved to England I would totally adopt the fake British accent like Madonna.

2. Speaking of cousins, I have 4 and they are all girls. I married a man who has at last count 101 cousins and 7 siblings.

3. Its shocking to most people now but I was president of the Outdoors Club in high school. I LOVED it. We planned various trips including camping, hiking, rock climbing, spelunking and canoeing. I miss those days. And to my shock and horror people I meet now assume I was a cheerleader in high school. As if!

4. I met my husband during freshman orientation in college. We started dating about 2 months later and have been together for almost 15 years. This year is our 10 year wedding anniversary.

5. I cannot follow a recipe to save my life. I don't know why but I just don't slow down enough to read it through before starting. Then when I measure...well I sort of measure. Surprisingly things generally taste pretty good! I have giant binders of recipes and I love trying new foods. This gives me hope one day that my children will follow in my footsteps. I was an insanely picky eater as a child (only white and yellow foods please!) and now I'll eat most anything at least once...except squid and octopus. That's just nasty.

6. I've taken 7 trips abroad and I'm about to leave for number 8. The longest of those was the semester I spent in Rome. We lived on a vineyard outside the city and I loved it. If there were any time I'd like to revisit it would be that semester. I was living with 100 other students (including my husband) and travelled all over Europe. We lived off beer and cigarettes and slept on trains. We saw amazing splendors and had experiences that we will never be able to repeat. It truly was a once in a lifetime kind of a thing.

7. I was painfully shy growing up. Somewhere around my Junior year of high school I broke out of my shell and now I will talk to a log if I think it might talk back. I talk and talk a lot. Via the Internet, rarely on the phone and any time I see a willing participant. I have friends all over the country and some in Canada that I met on a mommy message board when I was pregnant with Colin. These are some of my dearest friends and probably know me better than most of local friends. I still sometimes get nervous meeting people for the first time and I don't think I will ever do public speaking but I can carry on a casual conversation with pretty much anyone. I like that very much.

I would like to recognise my fellow bloggers that run the gamut of interests:



Thanks again Kristina and enjoy!




1 comment:

Karina Allrich said...

Thank you so much for including me on your list! Have a beautiful day. Karina