Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Meal Planning


I actually have been meal planning but I just didn't post the list. Last week I filed some new recipes in my recipe binder. Then I pulled out any recipe that caught my eye and made a stack. Turns out I had enough recipes to fill out 2 work weeks of dinners. I shuffled the deck and came up with a 2 week meal plan excepting the weekends which I always leave blank. Then I make up a shopping list divided by the days of the week for any filler ingredients we may need. This helps me plan my shopping trips because I never go just once a week. Whenever I go to grocery store A to pick up those deals for the week I mark things off the list for the next few dinners. Then when I go to grocery store B a few days later I know what items I still need to get. Planned and planned!

I will leave off last week's menu but here's what we have going on this week.

Monday: Last night we have leftovers from what Mike grilled on Sunday. Mixed rosemary veggies on the grill and a Bobby Flay flank steak with fontina and prosciutto and a Cabernet reduction. Yum!

Tuesday: Chicken with lemon and leek linguine

Wednesday: Mushroom and Provolone Patty melts

Thursday: Italian Sausage and Potato Roast

Friday: Salmon with maple lemon glaze

Since we had leftovers last night and skipped a night last week I will have a few ideas to start the week next week. Gotta love roll over meal plans :)

1 comment:

Svetlana said...

I so need to do this. Packing and cleaning and house buying/selling and neighbor getting whacked (yes, in the vernacular) have sort of made my life a bit crazier than usual. I am desperate for a return to unprocessed food that is not served in a paper wrapper.