Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Its the first day!

YEAH!!!! I have 2 kids out of the house! Uh, I mean, the boys are excited to go to school and see their friends!!!!


Heidi was so mad that she didn't get to go to school. She wanted to wear her backpack too and all morning kept asking where the boys were. Then when Colin came home, 'Where Raph is?!" I think she will miss her brothers this fall.




Raph was particularly excited. You see he's in SECOND grade. That's almost more than I can handle right there! He's grown up so much over the summer and now second grade? I drove him to school and walked in with him so I could take pictures. He did that run-walk down the halls of the school. You know the one they do at the pool in order to fool the lifeguards into thinking they are walking? He raced down the hall and Colin skipped and jumped around behind him with as much confidence as Raph.



His adorable teacher said, "Would you, perhaps, like a first day of school picture with me?" Bless her! Why yes I would like that picture! He's not totally embarrassed by pictures yet but I think next year there might be some eye rolling involved.

Walking Colin into school was totally different. He was no longer skipping and jumping around. He hid behind my back and didn't want to sit on the carpet. Its so baffling to me that this wild and crazy boy can sometimes be so shy. He's got one of the same teachers as he had last year and the same routine. They each have to pick a plastic circle on the floor and sit down while one teacher reads a book. I asked Colin where he wanted to sit and he said, "I don't know what I want." I asked him to start by picking a color and we moved on from there. I took one last picture of my coy little boy and was out the door...dragging Heidi away. Don't worry little one, you get your day next week!

No comments: